Usually my workshops focus on making a card using a stamping technique. But I attended a Stampin' Up! demonstrators workshop a few months ago and figured out how to make framed display boxes. I saw all kinds of possibilities; flowers, butterflies, seasonal messages like Christmas, Fourth of July, etc. But this one is a message of perseverance and finding joy in our lives.
The method of making the framed box and the stand supporting it from behind, is difficult to describe on a blog. I did provide my workshop attendees with detailed directions and I can do so for you if you will email me or reply on a blog comment. The fee for the instructions are $5 and includes postage. This is a challenging paper craft project but worth the effort. I made one of these with my 14 year old niece over the weekend and did turned out lovely.
Life In a Box
- Stamp Set - Beautiful You (143637)
- Card Stock - Falling in Love 12"x12" (Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky). Falling in Love Designer Series Paper 4 1/4"x4 1/4" and 3 1/2"x3 1/2". Or for purple version, Sweet Sugarplum 3 1/2"x3 1/2". Glimmer paper in gold, silver or dazzling diamonds 3 3/4"x3 3/4". Whisper White 5 1/2"x4 1/4" for dancing gal.
- Inks - Basic Black, Blushing Bridge, Sahara Sand, and/or Soft Sky and Sweet Sugarplum
- Adhesives - SNAIL, Fast Fuse, Multi-purpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals
- Blender Pens
- Directions - Contact me. Detailed instructions provided for a $5 fee including postage.