At the close of my garden this season, I found a lovely large golden yellow squash. What a perfect color and texture. I created a dish from it for our supper the other night. It was quite good and easy, combining several fall harvest vegetables.
Cooked Yellow Squash
- 1 small to medium yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped in cubes yellow squash
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh tarragon
- salt and peper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water or white wine
- Directions: sautéed first the onion and celery in the olive oil. Cook for a few minutes, add 1/2 tarragon, salt and pepper. Add sliced cabbage, yellow squash, cook for a few minutes, add rest of tarragon. Stir for a few minutes until cabbage starts to get soft. Add water or white wine. Stir and cover for about 4-5 minutes. Serve hot as a side dish.