The new Stampin' Up! catalog has several card kits and they are so easy to use. I purchased the Soft Sayings Card Kit (145466 $35) and can't wait to share it at my next workshop. The kit makes 20 cards, 2 each of 10 designs. Check it out and order yours today.
JUNE 2017 NEWSLETTER
“Sharing Stampin’ Up! with Family & Friends since 1995”
Telephone: 216 905-0488 View my blog: DJ Cards & More
Be my guest for the first time or bring a friend who has not attended one of my workshops, and receive a Stampin’ Up! gift from me.
Details of my workshops are posted on My Blog – DJ Cards and More. After the workshop date, see this blog for details on how to make the cards you missed in my workshop. If you see a card you like but didn’t have time to attend the workshop, I can make it for you at a cost of $3 plus shipping. Matching envelope included.
All workshops are held at my home. Please call me or email me about attending.
SATURDAY, JUNE 24 AT 1:30P-4:00P
Make 3 different cards, a total of 6 with envelopes. This workshop will introduce the NEW IN-COLORS for 2017-2019. I’ve seen the colors and but your sunglasses on - we’re going to have fun. Workshop fee $15.
SATURDAY, JULY 22 at 1:30p-4:00P
Make 3 All Occasions cards, a total of 6 with envelopes. We will make cards using new stamp sets from the new annual catalog. Workshop fee $15.
AUGUST – There will be no workshops. I’m going to be out and about too much that month and hope that you will be too.
My Stampin’ Up! Ordering site:
NEW 2017-2018 CATALOG
Effective June 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018 Stampin’ Up! presents their new general catalog.
- There are over 70 new stamp sets
- Introducing Mini-Dimensionals
- Glossy White Card Stock is back!
- New 2 1/4” Circle punch
- 5 New 2017-2019 In Colors
The catalog can be downloaded or you can receive one at one of my workshops.
THE NEW IN-COLORS
How about these new In-Colors !! The new Lemon-Lime Twist makes all the other colors pop. It will be fun to put them together on cards.
Get a sample pack of In Color 8 1/2” x 11” Card Stock, 20 sheets, 4 each for only $8.00 Use product code #144247 on your order.
Usually my workshops focus on making a card using a stamping technique. But I attended a Stampin' Up! demonstrators workshop a few months ago and figured out how to make framed display boxes. I saw all kinds of possibilities; flowers, butterflies, seasonal messages like Christmas, Fourth of July, etc. But this one is a message of perseverance and finding joy in our lives.
The method of making the framed box and the stand supporting it from behind, is difficult to describe on a blog. I did provide my workshop attendees with detailed directions and I can do so for you if you will email me or reply on a blog comment. The fee for the instructions are $5 and includes postage. This is a challenging paper craft project but worth the effort. I made one of these with my 14 year old niece over the weekend and did turned out lovely.
Life In a Box
- Stamp Set - Beautiful You (143637)
- Card Stock - Falling in Love 12"x12" (Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky). Falling in Love Designer Series Paper 4 1/4"x4 1/4" and 3 1/2"x3 1/2". Or for purple version, Sweet Sugarplum 3 1/2"x3 1/2". Glimmer paper in gold, silver or dazzling diamonds 3 3/4"x3 3/4". Whisper White 5 1/2"x4 1/4" for dancing gal.
- Inks - Basic Black, Blushing Bridge, Sahara Sand, and/or Soft Sky and Sweet Sugarplum
- Adhesives - SNAIL, Fast Fuse, Multi-purpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals
- Blender Pens
- Directions - Contact me. Detailed instructions provided for a $5 fee including postage.
To make this card, I grabbed a little bit for three Stampin' Up! Stamp Sets: Gorgeous Grunge, Petite Petals and Botanticals For You (from 2017 Sale-a-Bration). This project is to show how well the Stampin' Up! sets go together. They are designed to work with each other and enhance the background or message of a card you are designing.
My workshop class received Crumb Cake envelopes to go with the card. But sadly, and I don't know why, Stampin' Up! did not continue the Crumb Cake envelopes in the new 2017-2018 Catalog.
...Because You're Awesome
- Stamp Sets - Botanticals for You (SAB 2017), Gorgeous Grunge (130517), Petite Petals (133155).
- Card Stock - Crumb Cake 11"x4 1/4", score & fold 5 1/2". Designer Series Paper Crumb Cake 5 1/4"x1". Whisper White 5 1/4"x4" and scrap paper for flowers
- Inks - Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride
- Punch - Petite Petals
- Basic Pearls
- Directions - On the left hand side of the Whisper White 5 1/4"x4" card stock, stamp the water spot from Gorgeous Grunge. Stamp twice showing a lighter shade of Crumb Cake ink. Tape the 1" Designer Series Paper over the stamping. Stamp the message under the 1" paper band. Using the Whisper White scrap paper, stamp the petals and punch. Each petals is layered and you need to punch two for each flower. You can add a third flower is you would like. Tape down on folded card stock and you're done.