A prayer card using Vellum, Whisper White and Wisteria Wonder Card Stock from Stampin' Up! I attended a church meeting over the weekend and made up this card to send to missionaries.
Here's a Father's Day card I made up for my husband. He is a wonderful, loving father to his son and caring and trusting father figure to many. I'm so proud of him and how he treats all the kids around us. My husband loves to travel and takes beautiful pictures where ever he goes.
How fragrant new oregano can be in the early summer weeks. The time to harvest is when the herb has not started to flower and the leaves are soft and supple. My Mom helped me strip the oregano leaves and the leaves were spread out in a pan to dry. I always place a towel over the pan and stir the leaves up a bit every other day. The oregano dries in about 10 days. I crush up the leaves with my hands or if I have lots to process, throw into a food processor for about 5 pulse turns. If you want your oregano to be finely chopped, use a food processor to get the finer chopped texture you want to cook with.
The June 4 Workshop introduced the new 2016-2018 In Colors from Stampin' Up!'s new catalog released on June 1. I really like these new shades. Dapper Demin, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, Sweet Sugarplum.
Just Sayin' Circles
- Stamp Set - Crazy About You (138859)
- Card Stock - Peekabook Peach: 4 1/4"x8 1/2", score 5 1/2"; trim one edge 2 1/4", keep trimmed piece for a circle punch. Basic Black: 3"x4" and 2"x4"; use scrapes for circle punches. Designer Series Paper Stack Playful Palette: 3 3/4"x1 3/4" (stripes are best choice) other sheets for circle punches. Very Vanilla: 2 3/4"x3 3/4" (outside) and 3"x4" (inside)
- Punches: 1" and 3/4"; 1 3/8" and 1 1/4"; 2" and 1 3/4"
- Washi tape
- Directions: Tape the squares and circle punches together. On the inside place the tape the smaller 3"x4" Very Vanilla down. On the front panel add washi tape and message. Place the circles down with dimensionals.
Stain Glass Rose
- Stamp Set - Rose Wonder (140697) and Picture Perfect (140520
- Card Stock - Whisper White or Very Vanilla: 5 1/2"x8" 1/2", score 4 1/4"; and 5"x3 3/4"; and scrape for message.
- Flirty Flamingo or Dapper Denim: 5 1/4"x4".
- Rose Garden Thinlits
- Fine-Tip Glue Pen
- Directions: Die cut out using your Big Shot with the rose on the 5"x3 3/4" paper. Keep the top trim and place on colored paper with Snail double-sided tape. Using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen, glue the rose down. I choose the messages from the Picture Perfect stamp set. The Rose Wonder sets has messages: Thank You, Sympathy, Birthday.
Number of Years Birthday Card
- Stamp Set - Number of Years (140653)
- Card Stock - Whisper White 3 3/4"x3 3/4" (frame)
- Bermuda Bay 3 3/4"x3 3/4" (frame); 5 1/2"x8 1/2" score 4 1/4", trim 2 1/4" from one edge; scrapes for stars
- Crushed Curry 3 3/4"x3 3/4" and scrape for stars
- Watermelon Wonder 3 1/2"x3 1/2" and scrape for stars
- Layering Squares Framelits
- Punch: Medium Star
- Washi tape
- Dimensionals, Tear & Tape Adhesive
Directions: use the largest square framelits on the Whisper White and Bermuda Bay and a 1/2" smaller frame to cut out a window in the Bermuda Bay. Layer the square shapes and add Washi tape to the front left tab. Secure the frame with the Tear & Tape Adhesive. Punch stars and use dimensional to raise the stars.
I'm so proud of the many high school and college graduates in my family and in my neighborhood. This year alone, on my little street, there are six high school graduates and one college graduate, plus my daughter-in-law got her Master's Degree last month. So of course, we needed CONGRATS! cards. Here's one with lots of color and enthusiasm.
I used some retired Designer Series Paper, wash tape and the Perfect Pairing stamp set I got from this year's Sale-a-Bration.
It took a few years, but I managed to get back to gardening. I live in a community called Greenwood Village and they have a community garden. You can yearly rent garden plots 10'x10'. It is all fenced in and shared by many other gardeners. So I'm making new friends and planting vegetables. I'm not sure how well it will all turn out, but golly, I love it! This season I've planted: 2 types of lettuce, kale, cucumbers, green peppers, tomatoes, and 3 zucchini plants. These plants need a lot of water and sunshine and the garden community has both.
JUNE 2016 NEWSLETTER - includes workshop schedules, Stampin' Up! updates and featured stamp set of the month.
JUNE 2016 NEWSLETTER
“Sharing Stampin’ Up! with Family & Friends since 1995”
Telephone: 216 905-0488 View my blog: DJ Cards & More
Be my guest for the first time or bring a friend who has not attended one of my workshops, and receive a Stampin’ Up! gift from me.
Details of my workshops are posted on My Blog – DJ Cards and More. After the workshop date, see this blog for details on how to make the cards you missed in my workshop.
All workshops are held at my home. Please call me or email me when you would like to attend.
SATURDAY, JUNE 4 AT 1:30P-4:00P
New Catalog and 5 New In-Colors. An introduction to the new colors and new stamping possibilities from Stampin’ Up! Make and take 6 cards. Workshop fee $15
SATURDAY, JULY 9 AT 1:30P-4:30P
Watercolor Wonders. I love making watercolors and adding stamps to them. We will use Stampin’ Up!’s Slimmery White cardstock to make 6 greeting cards and one luminary. The luminary will hold one battery tea candle. Workshop fee $15. Make 6 cards and one display.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 6 AT 1:30P-4:00P
Sunny Summer Time and Babies. The sun shines so bright and cheerful in August so we will make sunny cards. We will also make several Baby Cards to be ready when they are! Workshop fee $15. Make 6 cards and 1 refrigerator magnet.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 AT 1:30P-4:30P
Making gifts to share. Making paper crafts banners and decorating gift bags. Workshop fee $15.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8 AT 1:30P-4:30P
Thinking About Christmas. Really! This is a good time to plan and gather ideas for the winter holidays. Workshop fee $15.
NEW 2016-17 CATALOG
WOW! This is a great catalog and I love the NEW IN COLORS! I’m very happy that so many of my favorite stamps have continued to be popular.
If you don’t have a catalog, I would be happy to send you are copy.* You also use my catalog link on My Blog – DJ Cards and More to see the catalog. There are also project and card ideas connected to the catalog. It is a WIN – WIN.
*Contact me via my blog, telephone or email.
NEW 2016-2018 IN COLORS
FEATURED STAMP SET
#140520 $27 18 Photopolymer stamps
Suggested clear blocks: a,b,d,e,g