Flowers, Flowers, Butterflies! Yes - we made several delightful cards with our favorite things. I also introduced a new fold card. Each card could easily be a Mother's Day card and the workshop attendees had the option. I chose "Thanks to you, I grew up loved" Happy Mother's Day from the Suite Sayings (140709 $21).
I just love the saying stamped on the front and I plan to send out this card to several people who share little moments with me which are so special. What a nice way to say I love you. This saying is part of the Watercolor Wings stamp set (139424 $26). The butterflies may look like 3 ink colors were used, but only 2 ink colors were needed. We used a stamping technique I call 'stamp off'. This technique stamps the grid paper (130148 $11) first, then stamps the card stock; creating a lighter stamp color.
- Stamp Set - Watercolor Wings
- Card Stock - Whisper White 8"x5 1/4" score 4" and 3"x2". Perfect Plum 2"x 2 1/2". Mint Macaron 5 1/2"x8 1/2" score & fold 4 1/4"
- Inks - Perfect Plum and Mint Macaron
- Ribbon - Dotted Lace Trim 3 1/2" Mint Macaron
- Embossing Folder - Fluttering (139304 $8.50)
- Thinlits - Butterflies (137360 $25)
- Directions: On the Whisper White 8"x5 1/4" mark the top of the page from left and right ends, 1 1/2". Use a light pencil mark. On the fold, measure 2 1/2" down and mark with light pencil mark. Score from 1 1/2" to 2 1/2" mark from left and right on either the Stampin' Up! Trimmer score blade or Simply Scored Diagonal Plate. This creates your fold for the center pop-up butterfly. Embossing the Perfect Plum piece only with the Fluttering Embossing Folder. Stamp 3 butterflies, 2 for the outside and 1 for the inside pop-up.
RED ROSES HUMMING
I'm here to tell you, Cherry Cobbler is not just for Christmas. This delightful use of the Humming Bird and Roses sends a great message to anyone. The 3 color look on the roses and humming bird are created by STAMPING OFF. Two inks are used instead of three. This method is stamping once on your grid sheet to reduce the color impact on a layer of color. Thereby creating a lesser Real Red and a full strength Real Red. Same method using the Garden Green.
- Stamp Set - Picture Perfect (140520 $27)
- Card Stock - Very Vanilla 5 1/2"x8 1/2" score & fold 4 1/4" and 5"x3 3/4". Cherry Cobbler 5 1/4"x4".
- Inks - Garden Green, Mossy Meadow, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler
- Directions: Practice making the roses and humming bird once on your grid paper sheet and use it to STAMP OFF creating the lighter ink color to make the image more 3-dimensional.
PETITE PETALS & EMBOSSING
The color combinations are endless. I chose blue-greens but this card can easily become a series of pinks, red white & blue, orange & brown, purples, etc. The Petite Petals are so versatile.
- Stamp Set - Petite Petals (133155 $12)
- Card Stock - Whisper White 5 1/2"x8 1/2" score & fold at 4 1/4" and 5"x3 3/4" and (3) 1 1/4"x5 1/2" strips for flower stamping. Bermuda Bay 5 1/4x4".
- Inks - Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Island Indigo
- Embossing Folder - Elegant Dots (138287 $7.50)
- Punch - Petite Petals (133322 $13)
- Pearl Basic Jewels
- Directions: On lower portion of 5"x3 3/4" (approx. 2") emboss with Elegant Dots. There are 4 Petite Petals patterns used and stamp one of each of each ink color. Punch out all (12) and apply each with a Dimensional. Apply a greeting stamp of your choice on top. Tape together layers.