Early Autumn is the time when Sunflowers show us their beauty. How happy I was when Stampin' Up! introduced a sunflower set that included a Leaf Punch. (I've been using the Leaf Punch on lots of cards.) I also used two other punches that are getting a lot of use by me and they are: 2" Circle and Starburst punches. Stampin' Up!'s punches are very durable. If I were to choose between punching or Big Shot framelits . . . well the punch would win. Maybe I just like the way it produces a quick, clear cut.
- Stamp Set - Painted Harvest (144783 13 photopolymer stamps $21)
- Card Stock - Chocolate Chip 8 1/2x5 1/2" score & fold 4 1/4". Crushed Curring 5 1/4x4, plus scrap. Very Vanilla 5" x 3 3/4" (2 pieces) plus scrap.
- Inks - Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, Tranquil Tide
- Punches - Leaf, Starburst, 2" Circle
- Ribbon -6"
- Double-sided tape and Dimensionals
- Directions - On Very Vanilla card stock, stamp sunflowers by layering colors, light first, then darker shade. On Very Vanilla scrap stamp message and leaves. Leaves are layered shades of green with lighter shade first, then darker shade. Punch the leaves out. Tape decorative brown, yellow or green ribbon a little below the center. From Crushed Curry scrap, punch a Starburst Punch and apply to back of message punched out with 2" Circle. Place message over ribbon with several Dimensionals. Punch leaves and add to card cover. Add a few dots from the Painted Harvest stamp set.
Painted Harvest (13 photopolymer stamps) #144783 $21