Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper Sale from October 1 - 31, 2017. Buy 3 and get a 4th one for FREE. It is a perfect time to stock up and make lots of fast and easy cards to share. The Designer Series Paper are double-sided and make colorful envelopes. Contact me about placing an order by October 31.
Just a fun Halloween Card made to look like my favorite Halloween candy - Candy Corn. There were little bags of Candy Corn for my workshop guests. Yum-Yum!
Spooky Candy Corn
- Stamp Set - Teeny Tiny Wishes (#128748) Small Tiny Holiday Wishes
- Card Stock - Basic Black 8 1/2x5 1/2, score & fold 4 1/4. Pumpkin Pie 4x2 and 4x 1 1/2. Whisper White 4x2 (2 pieces). Daffodil Delight 4x2 (2 pieces) and 5x3 3/4.
- Wiggle Eyes
- 3/4" Circle Punch
- Double-sided tape and glue dots.
- Directions: Tear the bottom of the 4" wide card stock and layer them to a length of 5 1/2". Punch a 3/4" circle for eyes. Double-side tape down and use glue dots for wiggle eyes. I found an old Halloween stamp set and added my favorite note about candy corn. But stamping Happy Halloween inside with work too!
OCTOBER 2017 NEWSLETTER
“Sharing Stampin’ Up! with Family & Friends since 1995”
Telephone: 216 905-0488 View my blog: DJ Cards & More
Be my guest for the first time or bring a friend who has not attended one of my workshops, and receive a Stampin’ Up! gift from me.
Details of my workshops are posted on My Blog – DJ Cards and More. After the workshop date, see this blog for details on how to make the cards you missed in my workshop. If you see a card you like but didn’t have time to attend the workshop, I can make it for you at a cost of $3.50 includes shipping and envelope.
All workshops are held at my home. Please call me or email me about attending.
OCTOBER 21, SATURDAY AT 1:30P-4:00P
I see a stitched pumpkin waiting to be built and some Christmas Cards ideas. Workshop fee $15.
NOVEMBER 18, SATURDAY AT 1:30P-4:00P
A few more Christmas card ideas and one about being thankful. Workshop fee $15.
DECEMBER 16, SATURDAY AT 1:30P-4:00P
Be ready with Thank You cards and ones that tell people how special they are to you. We will enjoy some Christmas cookies and hot tea. Workshop fee $15.
JANUARY 20, SATURDAY AT 1:30P-4:00P
After the New Year, Stampin’ Up! begins their 3 month Sale-A-Bration. I don’t know what will be offered yet, but I know it will be good!
NEW 2017 HOLIDAY CATALOG
On September 1, 2017 thru January 2, 2018, the new Holiday Catalog is available. You may of received one in the mail, but if not, I can send you a PDF download of it. Just ask!
So far I’ve ordered the Painted Harvest and matching Leaf Punch bundle (146021 $33.25) on page 49.
A MUST HAVE for me is the Half Full stamp set (144999 $22) on page 42. It is the inspired stamp set made by my Up Line: Linda Bauwin. She was a Million Sales Achiever in 2016 and Stampin’ Up! asked her to design her own stamp set. Linda worked with the Stampin’ Up! artists creating this cute set.
This group of cards used both stamp sets: Floral Phrases and Colorful Seasons. Plus we used the In-Color Bitty Bows, Glitter Enamel Dots, Ribbon and the NEW round punch called STARBURST (143717 $18). I will definitely be using the Starburst punch a bunch because it also surrounds circle punches. The workshop members chose from 2 out of 4 colors and made smaller individual envelopes (4"x4 1/2") for each. The Fresh Florals Suite Designer Series Paper contains 40 sheets of color (144131 $22). Making envelopes from Stampin's Up!'s Designer Series Paper is so easy on the Envelope Punch Board (133774 $20); the paper weight is perfect.
- Stamp Set - Floral Phrases (141767 $18 w/7 stamps), Colorful Seasons (143726 $27 w/24 stamps)
- Card Stock - Whisper White (cut 4) 3 3/4"x 3 3/4" and (cut 2) 4 1/4"x 2 3/4". Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Powder Pink, Tranquil Tide: 8 1/2" x 4" score & fold 4 1/4". Fresh Fig & Powder Pink 4 1/2"x3". Fresh Floral Designer Series Paper: (cut 2) 2 1/2x 4" and (cut 2) 4 1/4"x 3 1/2" and (cut 4) 7 1/4"x 7 1/4" for envelope size 4"x4 1/2", and (cut 4) 1"x11" for band around envelop.
- Inks - Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Powder Pink, Tranquil Tide
- 2017-19 In Color Bitty Bows
- Glitter Enamel Dots
- Ribbon 2017-19 Inc Color 12" (Fresh Fig and Powder Pink)
- Silver Ribbon 11" (I used the free ribbon from 2017 Sale-a-Bration)
- Envelop Punch Board - for 4"x4 1/2" envelop at 3 1/2" score line from 7 1/4x7 1/4 Designer Series Paper
- Starburst Punch
- Double-sided tape and Dimensionals
- Directions: Make the envelop following instructions on the face of the Envelope Punch Board (133774 $20). Cut the paper and assemble per the two card styles. Please note the Floral Phrases decorative bar on the sides of the Life is a beautiful thing and the added Glitter Enamel Dots and Bitty Bow. Please note on the For All the... message the stamped flower and left side ribbon. Add the DSP band around the outside first tape it down on front a little off center; then added the silver ribbon and secure at same spot. Using 2 or 3 Dimensionals tape down the starburst punch message. Add the same starburst punch message to the front of the matching card. These smaller cards can be inserted in gifts and with items of appreciation.
I keep coming back to the Floral Phrases Stamp Set (141767 $18 w/7 stamps) because the matching die set create a detailed pattern to let colors shine thru and enhances messages from the heart. Here's a wedding card.
Floral Wedding Greetings.
- Stamp Set - Floral Phrases (141767 $18, w/7 stamps)
- Card Stock - Powder Pink 8 1/2"x 5 1/2" score & fold 4 1/4". Whisper White 5 1/2"x 4 1/4".
- Ink - Powder Pink
- Detailed Floral Thinlits Dies (141482 $29 w/3 dies)
- Basic Pearls
- Double sided tape, fine-tip glue pen
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine
- Directions - on the Whisper White stamp the flower on the upper top of the paper. Use the large flower thinlit at the top portion of the paper and aline the die so that a border surrounds the die. Then stamp the message between the flower stamp and die cutout. Tape top with double sided tape and bottom around die cut border with the Fine-tip Glue Pen. Top message paper fits to cover the entire card front. Add Basic Pearls. I stamped another flower and the wedding message on the inside.